2013-08-03

Type 3 Suffix: -qa' Resume

<< First Page

And now, the second and final Type 3 verb suffix.

-qa' resume

This verb suffix indicates that something had been happening, had stopped happening - and now has resumed. It is often translated as again, and occasionally re-.

paq yIlaDqa'Read the book again!/
Reread the book!
Hoch vIghojnISqa'pu'I had to relearn everything.
quv DabajnISqa'You have to re-earn honour.
ramvam jInajtaHvIS qeylIS qa' vIghomqa' 'e' vItulI hope that I will meet the spirit of Kahless again in my dreams tonight./
(literally, "while I dream")
tlhIngan Soj Sopqa'choH qama'The prisoner's eating Klingon food again.
nuHIvqa'They are attacking again!
tlhInganpu' vIyajqa'I understand Klingons again.
tugh berghqa' tlhInganSoon, the Klingon became irritable again

<< First Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

DaH yIjatlh! Speak now!